The next club meeting will be Feb 21st in Dover at Debbie Taylors house in the afternoon.
There will be a DHIA tester class and scale certifications starting at 10 am. Please RSVP if attending the class so that enough materials will be available.
You can email Debbie at email@example.com to let her know and to also leave contact info in case of cancellation due to weather.
Spring Show will be in May 2015. As soon as dates are confirmed they will be posted.
BEST BRED AND OWNED CLASS
- The Arkansas Goat Producers Association will provide a premium of $25 to the winner of the Best Bred and Owned class at any county fair in Arkansas that has the class. The premium may be paid directly to the youth winner or to the fair management for the fair to pay the premium to the youth. The objectives of the AGPA in sponsoring the class are to encourage youth to have a continuous breeding program with their goats and also to promote goats and educate the public about goats. To qualify for the class, there must be an educational exhibit at the fair about goats. The exhibit can be done by any individual or group and does not have to be done by the exhibitor. Fair officials should contact Debbie Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org, with the information either for the premium to be sent to the youth or to the fair, with the winner’s name and a description of the winning goat.
- Does only, no bucks or wethers.
- The doe is to be one that is entered in the breeding stock division of the youth show rather than a market goat.
- The goat entered in the class must be a registered doe of any breed, dairy, meat, or fiber goat.
- The registration paper showing the individual youth exhibitor as both the breeder and the owner must be presented to the fair official before entering the show ring.