Dates for show are May 2,3 & 4.
Judges are: Joe Pilotti -Alpine Spec
Chuck Pederson- ND spec
Elizabeth Hennin- Sable Spec.
The next meeting of the
Arkansas Goat Producers Association
will be held on:
Sunday, February 23, 2014
at the Conway High School 2300 Prince St., Conway, AR 72034.
Directions: Exit 127, Oak St., Vilonia/Bebee. Go West on Oak St. It becomes Caldwell at Toad Suck Square. Stay on the road until you have to turn right, (there is a park there). Go around the "round-about-circle" thingy and the school is on the left. The entrance is right before the church, at the end of the construction fencing. The Ag Building is behind the Career Center. Look for signs and the greenhouses. There should be parking for all of us between the Ag Building and the Career Center.
"For anyone who wants to show up early, I am going to make chili-they can bring crackers, cheese, fixings for it, and drinks." President Lio
BEST BRED AND OWNED CLASS
- The Arkansas Goat Producers Association will provide a premium of $25 to the winner of the Best Bred and Owned class at any county fair in Arkansas that has the class. The premium may be paid directly to the youth winner or to the fair management for the fair to pay the premium to the youth. The objectives of the AGPA in sponsoring the class are to encourage youth to have a continuous breeding program with their goats and also to promote goats and educate the public about goats. To qualify for the class, there must be an educational exhibit at the fair about goats. The exhibit can be done by any individual or group and does not have to be done by the exhibitor. Fair officials should contact Debbie Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org, with the information either for the premium to be sent to the youth or to the fair, with the winner’s name and a description of the winning goat.
- Does only, no bucks or wethers.
- The doe is to be one that is entered in the breeding stock division of the youth show rather than a market goat.
- The goat entered in the class must be a registered doe of any breed, dairy, meat, or fiber goat.
- The registration paper showing the individual youth exhibitor as both the breeder and the owner must be presented to the fair official before entering the show ring.